Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Call To Action [Part II]

{Warning: this will be scattered}
Back in May I blogged about the burden on my heart for orphans. The burden has only grown deeper. And recently my heart has been broken for my city. Birmingham, Alabama. As I had continued reading Radical by David Platt I was stuck on this question, "How many of us are embracing the comforts of suburban America while we turn a deaf ear to inner cities in the need of the gospel?" Wow. Let me just answer this question. Most of us.

All of my conservations lately with the Lord have gone a little something like this: "I realize these burdens, but what can I, a 21-year old girl do?"

I had the opportunity to attend an Orphan Care and Adoption Fellowship last night. The Lord truly showed up. About 30 men and women from all over Birmingham gathered in a living room to each share their hearts and gain much needed support. Each person brought a different story to the table but carried the same burden. Some families had adopted-Some had fostered-S0me just wanted to provide financially & Some wanted to know how to get started. By the time I was supposed to share my heart I knew I was done for. I had told myself to hold it together, but lets just say I didn't the slightest bit. But what an overwhelming feeling to know that every one of those men and women were sharing tears along side of me. Unity.

There are so many little details I am leaving out but left me just say: Our God is good! Many doors were opened. New relationships were formed and exciting opportunities to get on board and serve were presented. All I could do was cry when I was made aware of an City Wide Orphan Care Ministry that is beginning. Wow, the Lord's timing is perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted, Kels, that sounds amazing! God will use you like only He can do! Love you.

    ReplyDelete