Sunday, January 10, 2010

My Life Now.

These last few years have been unlike i have ever expected. The Lord's plan was totally different than mine. I started off college exactly like i expected-- i went to Auburn, got involved in a church and other ministries, and joined a sorority-all of which i loved, i wouldn't have had it any other way. My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in April of my freshman year and although it was very tough on me i knew i was supposed to still be in Auburn. A few days after the end of my freshman year at Auburn i went with a group of college students from Auburn to Uganda, Africa to serve in an orphanage, and love on and share the gospel with the adults and children there. I absolutely loved it-- i was totally in my element when it came to loving on children. A few days before leaving Africa i got sick, assuming i was sick from traveling and maybe eating something i shouldn't have. After getting back to the states, and being very sick i found out i had intestinal parasites. The summer consisted of being in and out of the doctor and spending most of the time at home. I started feeling a little better but felt very hesitant about going back to Auburn. I couldn't figure out why i felt hesitant about going back because my experience the first year had been the best i could have possibly imagined. I went back to Auburn in time to start rush, but i really felt uneasy and still very weak and sick. I called my mom the first night in tears and very confused-- i knew something wasn't right. She came and picked me up the next day and i went back to the ER to confirm that i had a infection called CDiff which was another infection in my colon. My parents and i decided it would probably be best to wait and get my health steady and then i could go back to Auburn my spring semester. I finally started feeling better but it was the middle of September and i still had a few months before i started school again. Knowing my love for children and preschoolers i got asked to be a intern and two-year-old coordinator at my home church. That was like a dream come true! I started work and absolutely loved it. My moms fight with cancer was still continuing and i was getting to be with her and my family, i was also getting to love on and share the love of Christ with children and i was never more sure that this is where the Lord wanted me to be. It was tough at first because it wasn't the average college lifestyle. I missed my friends and my boyfriend but i was confident that i was making more of an impact on God's Kingdom in Birmingham than in Auburn. I understood that it seemed Crazy-because honestly a year before i would have thought someone was insane for moving home--but i have never felt so confident in the will of the Lord for my life. Please continue to pray for me and my ministry that I clearly share the love of Jesus with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment