Friday, May 14, 2010

A Call to Action. Something Worth Losing Everything For.

A lot has been on my heart lately. After asking the Lord to make me uncomfortable he has done just that. But honestly I’m afraid of getting out of my comfort zone. I’m afraid of surrendering control. I’m afraid of what it might mean to have my behavior demonstrate that I care. What might that cost me? My heart has been broken more than i ever imagined it could be. Its taken my days to write this blog because i can't start it without sobbing. All my thoughts revolve around orphans and widows, but specifically orphans. I have no idea what the Lord has in store for me, but i do know that he is preparing my heart for something huge. Im so excited, but so very scared. It could be that the Lord is calling me to a foreign country to work in an orphanage. It could be that the Lord is preparing my heart to one day adopt. Right now all i know is that i have to be willing. Willing to lay down everything for my savior.

"Pure and genuine religion in the sight of God the father means caring for orphans and widows in their distress and refusing to let the world corrupt you."
James 1:27

I am overwhelmed with a sense of guilt. I want to spend my time blessing others and proclaiming his name but somehow it always comes back down to being all about ME. I am tired of making things about ME and not about HIM!

I have only read a small portion of Radical by David Platt and it has already rocked my world. He says, "Wake up and realize there are infinitely more important things in your life than football and a 401(k). Wake up and realize there are more battles to be fought, so different from the superficial meaningless "battles" we focus on. Wake up to the countless multitudes who are currently destined for a christless eternity.

Reminded: IT'S NOT ABOUT ME.

My prayer is that i stay broken, i NEVER want to go back to the place where I was. Our God is so good.

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amaze me, Kels. God has an incredible plan for you, and I cannot wait to witness it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linked over here from Jenny's site... I am on the last chapter of David Platt's book, and I feel so undone. I have been a Christian (or so I thought) since I was 9, but I feel like I totally didn't have a clue what it meant...dying to yourself and taking up your cross...

    David's book and what I now believe to be true about what it truly means to be a Christian has made me so unsettled... I don't want to be one that turns away from Christ...

    Blessings to you as your uncover what the Lord has in store for you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsie! Janel is so precious and so encouraging! you will love her!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your site through Jenny Hope. I'm touched by your article. I feel the same but I have never heard of the book you mentioned. I do look forward to reading it though.

    ReplyDelete